At Lighthouse School we value students having a holistic education including elements of extra curricular activities.
Zine/Creative Clubs – students have the opportunity to be creative on the computer, writing articles or reviews, creating computer programmes or games and working in digital art.
Calm Colouring Club – 20 minutes of relaxing, calmness and colouring! Each week there is a different selection of grown up pictures to enjoy colouring in a quiet relaxing way.
Lighthouse School is delighted to offer an after school and holiday club with an event packed experience for your children. Shine Club will run regularly through the school year with dates of the club on the school calendar. Then aims of the club are:
- Promote leisure activities for students
- Developing peer relationships
- Using skills in natural environments and promoting communication
The club will enable students to attend both termly after school evening sessions and full day holiday provision, scheduled via the school calendar.
Previous activities have included:
- Drama and Script Writing from Harrogate Theatre Company
- Sports works Sports coaching – multi-sport sessions
- Disability Snow Sports
- Herd Farm Centre – outdoor activity centre
- Art and Craft session
- Baking session
- Music session
- Local community trips including: use of public transport, restaurants and cafes, leisure centre access
Letter and information booklets for the trips and the holiday provision will be distributed before each scheme.
Once a year, Lighthouse School run an overnight residential trip. The residential trips are financially supported by The Friends of Lighthouse School.
The aims of the residential experience are:
- provide respite for families
- promoting independence for the student
- developing peer relationships
- accessing leisure activities and new environments
Key Stage 3
Last year, during the Spring Term, students accessed a two-night residential. They attended Lineham Farm, taking part in multiple outdoor activities. For more information on Lineham Farm, Click Here
Key Stage 4
Last year, during the Spring Term, students accessed a two-night residential. They attended Low Mill Outdoor Centre following a programme of activities including outdoor pursuits, team building exercises and independent living skills. For more information on Low Mill, Click Here