Our aim is to ensure that our students leave Lighthouse equipped with the skills, attributes and confidence to play a productive and independent role in their communities and in their future education, training or employment.
Lighthouse School Leeds has strong ties with the local community and Leeds City Council children’s services to complement existing provision. Every pupil is assessed against their current attainment levels, life-skills strengths, and areas of challenge, as well as social, emotional, and communication skills.
Personalised qualification and accreditation pathways are designed to suit each student’s future. This ranges from Functional Levels (e.g. Entry Level) to vocational qualifications, GCSEs and beyond.
To achieve this we will provide:
- A unique, innovative, broad and balanced curriculum designed around life enhancement and independence
- A focus on social, communication and life skills
- A broad and varied vocational curriculum
- Provision of core differentiated national curriculum subjects
- Personalised qualification and accreditation pathways to suit functional levels from Entry Level, based on the needs to existing school cohort, aiming to work towards GCSE Level 1 and 2 including vocational qualifications where resources allow.
- More specialist subjects delivered through specialist teaching brought in as appropriate
- Students access a variety of life skills in social and enrichment activities, developing communication, social relationship proficiencies, independence, employability, and personal emotional skills.
- Please contact the school for specific curriculum information on core subjects.