Lighthouse School is delighted to offer an after school and holiday club with an event packed experience for your children. Shine Club will run regularly through the school year with dates of the club on the school calendar. Then aims of the club are:
- Promote leisure activities for students
- Developing peer relationships
- Using skills in natural environments and promoting communication
The club will enable students to attend both termly after school evening sessions and full day holiday provision, scheduled via the school calendar.
Previous activities have included:
- Drama and Script Writing from Harrogate Theatre Company
- Sports works Sports coaching – multi-sport sessions
- Disability Snow Sports
- Herd Farm Centre – outdoor activity centre
- Art and Craft session
- Baking session
- Music session
- Local community trips including: use of public transport, restaurants and cafes, leisure centre access
Letter and information booklets for the trips and the holiday provision will be distributed before each scheme.
- Please drop off your child promptly at 9.30am every morning
- Please pick up your child promptly at 3.30pm every afternoon
Please note that as our holiday provision is not running during term time, the Local Authority is unable to provide transport. Please ensure that all children are dropped off promptly as coaches for day trips are scheduled to leave at 9.30am. Some trips may require a slightly earlier/later drop off/pick up, this information will be confirmed nearer the time.
Please ensure your child brings a packed lunch everyday unless lunch is stated in the activity. On some trips there is the availability to buy lunch as part of the experience.
Click here for the latest Shine News
Yorkshire Wildlife Park – Wednesday 13th April Full Day
National Media Museum – Thursday 14th April Full Day
Beauty Salon – Thursday 14th April Full Day
X-Scape Leisure Complex – Friday 15th April Full Day
Jump Arena 5th May 2016
Shine Club Cinema Trip