Lighthouse School opened on 1 September 2012. It was inspected in March 2014 with a grade of good in all categories
The strengths of the school were identified as follows:
- Students make good progress from their individual starting points in both their personal development and in gaining academic skills.
- Teaching is skilfully matched to students’ individual needs. Careful planning of learning helps students take the small steps needed to develop their communication and social skills.
- Students’ behaviour is managed well. An in-depth analysis of the behaviour that inhibits students’ learning enables staff to promote improvements, including through the use of frequent rewards.
- The Principal provides dynamic leadership, ensuring that the ambitious vision for the school, shared by governors, staff and parents, is becoming a reality.
- The Principal and the governing body draw effectively on professional support to make sure they have a realistic view of the quality and impact of the school’s provision.
- Based on this, through considerable training and support for staff, leaders have established consistent approaches resulting in good teaching and achievement.
You can view the report on the Ofsted website by clicking the link below.